Published on November 26th, 2011 | by Kris Dhingra0
Three Ways To Work Your Butt Off Like Jennifer, Heidi and Eva
Its unbelievable what paparazzi, journalists, fashion and fitness mongers observe, report and in some cases even create a sensation out of when they sight famous celebrities. For instance, Pippa Middleton who was the unexpected star of the royal wedding became a sensation thanks to the focus the cameras gave to her butt during the ceremonies. More recently Aishwarya Rai’s first post pregnancy pics had most of the attention given to her footwear (known as fitflops) which indicated that the former Miss World was eager to get back to fitness as soon as possible.
While we mostly admire Hollywood and Bollywood personalities for their on-screen performance and looks we are also often envious of their amazing fitness. If you look at the right places though its really easy to flaunt a sexy body similar to one of your favorite celebrities. Most actresses and models like Jennifer Aniston, Heidi Klum and Eva Mendes credit Yoga, Pilates and Aerobics for their amazing figures and most of what they do are simple exercises. Here are a few signature poses from these gorgeous divas (Source: Self.com)
Squat It Like Aniston
The secret to Jennifer Aniston’s sexy body is a simple yoga pose known Chair Pose Plus Squat and here’s how you do it.
- Feet are together. Sink down into an imaginary chair, so it is as if you were seated. Your butt and sit bones are sinking down towards your heels. Your arms are extended up towards the sky. Palms face each other or touch together (pictured above).
- Firm your triceps and send energy out through the arms, as you continue to ground down into the floor. Hold chair for 30-60 secs (5-10 breaths). Press you feet into the floor, lead with your sternum, and rise up to standing.
- Step the feet apart slightly, about hips-width distance, and bring your palms together at your chest. Sink the hips back into a seated position, and immediately press back up.
- Continue to breathe. Do this 8-10 times, then step the feet together. Back to Chair Pose. Repeat entire set 3 times.
Get Bootylicious like Heidi
One of the most successful and gorgeous supermodels of all time, Heidi Klum maintains her fitness thanks to a move called Sumo Lunge.
- Start with legs shoulder-width apart. Lift your right leg from your knee and move it in a circular roundhouse.
- Land out to the side, wider than you started and immediately squat down, channeling a real sumo wrestler.
- As you come out of the squat, lift your right leg and kick out, leading with your heel. Try to make sure that each element flows smoothly into the next. There are no breaks in a sumo lunge!
Sculpt it like Eva
Eva Mendes exotic Cuban looks coupled with a sexy body make her one of the most desirable personalities in Hollywood. Eva has in her kitty a super butt toning move which allows her to flaunt that bikini body anytime.
- Lie face up on the floor with your arms at your sides at about a 45 degree angle from your torso and your palms facing up toward the ceiling.
- Bend your left knee; place your heel on the floor with your toes pulled back toward your shins and your right leg is straight. Push down through your left heel raising your hips upward while keeping your right leg straight.
- Raise the right leg until it’s in line with your left thigh. Take one second to rise up; pause for one second at the top and then take two seconds to return to the start position. Make sure your hips stay parallel to the floor throughout the movement.
- Repeat for 10-12 reps on one side then switch legs. Perform 3 sets. Make sure your body forms a straight line from shoulders to knees. Your right leg should stay in line with your left thigh as you raise your hips.