Moroccan Spiced Roasted Leg of Lamb – A Gordon Ramsay Special
Vegetarians, specially those who pursue the habit out of religious beliefs often try to coax their omnivorous friends to embrace vegetarianism citing various reasons ranging from logical to downright absurd. However, even they can’t deny the fact that the range of food options available to someone who consumes most types of foods is enormous. Most of the mouth watering and sumptuous delicacies are meat based and its quite difficult to be an avid foodie and be vegetarian at the same time.
Which brings us to our feature recipe by none other than the “Da Vinci” of food, Gordon Ramsay. Our last featured recipe from the House of Ramsay was Roast Chicken with Crispy Potatoes which is a great family dish and perfect for special occasions. This time @gordonramsay01 shows us how to make a lip-smacking Moroccan spiced roasted leg of lamb which once again is a brilliant recipe for a family meal.
For the lamb
- 1.5-2 kg/ 2.5-3 lbs leg of lamb boneless
For the spice rub
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric,1 tbsp smoked paprika,1 tbsp fennel seeds,½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon, ½ tbsp gound cloves, Salt and pepper, 3 cinnamon sticks
- Large bunch of thyme, Olive oil, 2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped, 3 carrots, peeled roughly chopped, 3 tbsp honey
Lime mustard vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp mustard, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 zest of lime, lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F)
- Place all the spices in a roasting or tray with salt and pepper. Mix together
- Take a small pairing knife and pierce three holes in the lamb.
- In each hole place a bunch of thyme and a cinnamon stick. Repeat this process until it is complete.
- Now generously rub the spice mixture over the leg of lamb.
- Place a roasting over a high heat and add the olive oil. Next add in the celery, onion and carrots. Drizzle the honey over the vegetables to help the caramelization process.
- Add the lamb on top of the vegetables and start searing the meat. Drizzle over some olive oil over the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb in the oven, and cook for around one hour, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 135oF.
- Once the lamb is cooked, take it out of the oven and allow the lamb to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, mix together the lime, olive oil and mustard.
- When you are ready, slice the lamb and serve immediately and drizzle the vinaigrette on top. Also reserve the lamb juice and the roasted vegetables and serve along side.